Traffic control and QoS in IP networks
Presses universitaires de Namur | Informatique
This CD-ROM contains the recordings (audio and slides) of a two
days advanced course on "Traffic Control and QoS in IP Networks"
given by Olivier Bonaventure in October 2000. The course
was designed for network engineers from ISPs or router
manufacturers. It assumes that the students already have
a good knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite.
It covers the following advanced topics :
- Applications and their requirements
- The TCP protocol and its congestion control mechanisms
- Packet-level traffic control mechanisms (classification,
queueing, shaping, policing, Random Early Detection, scheduling,
Explicit Congestion Notification)
- Flow-level traffic control mechanisms (RSVP, constrained routing)
- Network-level traffic control mechanisms (policies, Common
Open Policy Service, traffic engineering, fast restoration)
- Standardised services (Integrated and Differentiated services)
- Case studies
The CD-ROM contains the audio recordings, the slides (in pdf and
source format) and an extensive bibliography. It requires a
web browser (Netscape/Internet Explorer) and the realaudio
software that is freely available on the Internet. It has been
tested on PCs running Windows 95/98/NT and requires a sound card.